CalWORKs: The Basics

Authored By: Disability Benefits 101
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

CalWORKs is funded by a federal program called Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), so you might hear it called that sometimes. In other states, it has different names. Some people just call it “welfare.”


Last Review and Update: May 01, 2017