120 5th Street, Suite 318
Richard A. Schoenig Annex
Marysville, CA 95901
f you need to go to court to present your case to a judge or commissioner, you will present your case yourself. The Family Law Facilitator cannot go to court with you. If you require an interpreter in court, advise the court and your case will be set on a date an interpreter can be provided.
The Family Law Facilitator is not your attorney. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Family Law Facilitator. The Family Law Facilitator can provide assistance to both you and the other party (for example, your former spouse, the parent of your child, etc.), either together or separately.
Any self-represented litigant may request help from the Family Law Facilitator; however it is important to note that when you speak with the Family Law Facilitator, your conversation is not private or confidential as it would be if you hired your own attorney. If you need assistance with your case strategy, you should seek legal advice from your own attorney.
The Family Law Facilitator can provide procedural direction in the following types of cases:
- Adult Adoptions
- Department of Child Support Services child support cases.
- Domestic Violence/Civil Harassment
- Name Changes
- Dissolution of marriage (divorce), legal separation, nullity (annulment) and paternity cases:
- Child support and spousal support issues
- Child custody and visitation issues
- Initiating or finalizing a case