I Was Just Served with Court Eviction Papers - What Do I Do?

If your landlord wants to evict you, he or she must file a court case against you called an “unlawful detainer.” The landlord must have someone serve you (give you) the court papers called a “Summons” and “Complaint.”
Authored by
Legal Services of Northern CA
Energy Level
Was this page helpful?