Learn more about your rights, the law, and where to find legal services near you.
- There are companies out there that help fill out FAFSA for a fee even though the services provided by FAFSA.gov is free.
- Scammers are pretend to be from an insurance company or doctors office to get your personal and financial information.
- Scammers will pretend to be calling from your credit card's fraud or customer service department.
- Many of these companies or individuals are not authorized to practice law.
- Scam artists pretend to be your relative or grandchild, and ask you to send money for an emergency.
- The IRS will never call, ask for money, personal information by email, or threaten to send you to jail.